Saturday, November 24, 2012

For the faithful things


After waiting for Old Faithful geyser to erupt at Yellowstone National Park on a crisp, spring evening, I was treated to this delicious sunset of lemon yellow, raspberry red and blueberry blue with a hint of melon. A harbinger, perhaps, of other things that are faithful to the coming season - bounties of wonderful fruits - luscious lemons, gorgeous raspberries and sweet, tangy blueberries.

Many things are faithful in the seasons. The green of Spring, the spectacular colors of Fall, the crisp, starry nights of Winter, the ever steadfast sun, with its rising and setting season after season.

And a faithful old rose bush.


Imagine my surprise when I found this beautiful bloom in my garden on the eve of Thanksgiving.

I stared in wonder at such an exquisite late season rose and returned the next morning to cut it for my Thanksgiving table.

For the faithful things, I give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment